Are you interested in journal writing, but don’t know where to start? I started writing my journal as a child in 1989, and have written it on and off since; that is over 25 years. I know all you need to start writing is a pen and some paper, but if you are like me you want to read about it first. So here are all the posts I’ve written about journal writing to help you learn from my experience and hopefully inspire you to start. Or if you already write a journal to think about what to do with the completed notebooks, something I’m still thinking about as I read my journals from 1992.
Should I start a journal?
Starting a journal
- 15 different types of journals to keep
- 7 different books to use for a journal or diary
- 23 ideas for the first page of your journal or notebook
- 15 more ideas for the first page of your journal or notebook
- How to start a personal journal
- 11 ways to start your journal if you missed 1st January
- Journal writing software
- Writing a gratitude journal
Books about journal writing
- Book suggestions for journal writers
- List of journal writing books in Why should you keep a personal journal?
What to do with old journal
I hope reading these posts has inspired you to start writing a journal, whether it is a new one or to restart one you kept previously. If you are still thinking about whether to start what is stopping you, what questions do you still have?