As we approach the end of December, it is time to think about journalling for the new years it time to start a journal or to start a new type of journal. Plus, there is the opportunity to add some journal writing books or notebooks to your Christmas wish list. I know I will be adding a mix of journalling and personal development books to my list, the difficult bit is choosing the ones to add.
So here are my book suggestions for journal writers (and a few notebooks because I couldn’t resist)*. If you are also interested in personal development books I have a list I’m interested in reading (and you can even help me choose which one to read next by responding to the poll).
Books on Journalling and Writing
- Start where you are: a journal for self-exploration
- The Artist’s Way: a spiritual path to higher creativity
- The Secret Me: A Questionnaire Journal
- Writing Down Your Soul: How to Activate and Listen to the Extraordinary Voice Within
- Journal to the Self: Twenty-Two Paths to Personal Growth
- The Daily Poet: Day-By-Day Prompts For Your Writing Practice
- At a Journal Workshop: Writing to Access the Power of the Unconscious and Evoke Creative Ability
- Awaken The Writer Within 3rd Edition: A Sourcebook for Releasing Your Creativity and Finding Your True Writer’s Voice
- 365 Ways To Get You Writing: Daily Inspiration and Advice for Creative Writers
- 49 Ways to Write Yourself Well: The Science and Wisdom of Writing and Journaling
- Writing as a Way of Healing: How Telling Our Stories Transforms Our Lives
Diaries and notebooks
What books are you wishing for? What journal are you planning to keep next year? I’m hoping to get a Leuctturm for my bullet journal and Castelli for my daily diary. Are you planning on working through any programmes or workbooks such as The Artists Way?
*Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links which means I earn a percentage of the money you spend after following the link, however it does not cost you anything extra.