Last Updated: 27 September, 2020
I attended Blog on Cymru today, the first Blog on event to take place outside of Manchester. It was a great opportunity to learn about new things as well as meet Welsh, West, Southern and … Yorkshire bloggers! Here’s my day in hourly pictures as part of #1day12pics (you can also view the originals on Instagram).
Things I learnt at Blog on Cymru
- “Dump the grump” from Karin at Embrace Happy is my new favourite phrase
- Hotter make a pair of shoes every 20 seconds
- I have a girl crush on Lucy (particularly her hair)
- Your About me page is as important as a media kit
- If you’re passionate about a brand show it by talking about them
- Cathays is prounced Cat-hays not Cath-ays
- Think about the order of photographs in a post, so you start with your strongest picture to grab readers’ attention
- The texture of scrunched up tissue paper as a background disguises colour casts
- To achieve good steam in a photograph use a tampon soaked in boiling water!
- Use Facebook Insights to find out when people are clicking on links to discover your best time to post
- If you want people to find you on social media use hash tags (except Pinterest)
It was great, informal day with lots of time for chatting. I feel I mingled more than at other events, so I spoke to a wider mix of bloggers; possibly helped by having to get pretty close to people as you moved to and from your seat so you didn’t slip. It is pretty easy to start a conversation when you are using them or their chair for balance! Although I didn’t a lot of completely new things, I have had several things reconfirmed that I really want to do, such as Pinterest rich pins.
Did you attend Blog on Cymru? What actions will you be doing based on what you learnt?