How was August for you? Did you get away or do different activities at home?
August was a relaxed month for us, with little routine, even though we were working for a lot of it. The children stayed with the grandparents for a week, which gave them a chance to be treated which they’ve missed over the last few months apart, and we spent the last week on holiday in Dorset.
I have to admit that I felt a bit nervous during the last week away, as places were busier than I’d expected and many people were not social distancing. With the schools and clubs reopening any isolation is going to have a bigger impact on the children than it would have done previously, so I’m planning to return to my habit of being at home as much as possible.
Did you make a big achievement this month or did you make continual progress on a large action? Remember all progress is positive no matter whether it is small or big. What did you start, progress or achieve in August?
I want to celebrate:
- Reading Loving yourself in style
- Watching the second season of The Umbrella Academy in the week the children were away
- Working out when the children will go to activities and wrap around care when they return to school
- Planning a restructuring of this site
- To go for a walk on alternate morning
- To use Instagram stories for accountability on my morning and evening routines
- To use Notion as note taking software and I’m loving it so far because it works from different angles, just like my head
- Some new recipes
- Listening to fiction audio books on the Libby app as I do my evening routine
- Using the manual mode on my compact camera
- Planning and organising my blog activities and I’m enjoying it a lot more
- My morning and evening routines – I’m completing more of them and I’m getting more sleep
- Sorting through photos from our holiday while we were on holiday
- Eating ice cream overlooking the sea
- Playing Codenames and Codenames Duet
- Playing board games at Thirsty Meeples board game cafe
- Eating in a restaurant
- Swimming in the sea!
- Watching waves
I’d love to cheer on your progress, because we need the recognition and motivation that making small changes is as good as big changes. They are the small beginnings that with perseverance will help us make big changes.
What do you want to celebrate?