Last Updated: 23 September, 2020
How was March for you? It probably involved a lot of change.
It certainly did for me as the UK went into lock down, so I’m now working at home every day and the children are doing their schooling at home. The type of work also changed as we converted a large in person event to online in ten days. Part of this involved managing live webinars; my team did fourteen in a week having never done before. Yes it was exhausting, but was a real achievement, and one we wouldn’t have had without Covid-19.
Did you make a big achievement this month or did you make continual progress on a large action? Remember all progress is positive no matter whether it is small or big. What did you start, progress or achieve in March?
Here are the things I want to celebrate:
- Reading The 1% Rule* which is about sustained small improvements and is a reminder about the value of celebrating every move forward
- Building shelves in our new study
- Managing a large online event for the first time
- The children now have their own den where they can do their school work
- Doing an evening updo in my daughter’s hair before work for her World Book Day costume
- Working at home every day
- Sorting through all the papers I’ve collected from the children including art work from preschool
- Our new study, it is now very much a usable room for both my husband and will be amazing when I’ve finished sorting through the last few boxes.
- Seeing the pleasure the children get from doing their dance classes on Zoom (and sometimes I join in the stretching classes look at the third picture)
- Giving B her first mobile phone, so she can keep in touch with her friends
- Getting my hair cut and curled at the hairdressers — I wish I could create curls like this
- Going to a tropical themed party in a flowery crop top and grass skirt!
- Starting to play games with our friends over the internet — we had success with both Codenames* and Villagers*
I’d love to cheer on your progress, because we need the recognition and motivation that it is good to be making small changes. They are the small beginnings that with perseverance will help us make big changes. What do you want to celebrate?
*Disclosure – This post includes affiliate links which means if you buy something after following a link I will earn a percentage of the sale but it will not cost you more.