As I passed my blog anniversary earlier this month, I realised I am a poor blogger. In fact I think I’m a very poor blogger. I published just 16 posts in 2018, my lowest since 2011 (when I was pregnant for the second time). Plus I can see I’m not writing the quality posts you want, because the most read posts in 2018 were published 2015 or earlier.
- 15 different types of journals to keep (written 2007)
- 23 ideas for the first page of your journal or notebook (written 2010)
- How to start a personal journal (written 2008)
- 15 suggestions for old diaries and journals (written 2014)
- What if I do it wrong? (written 2015)
So the question I’m asking myself is what am I going to do about it? How do I give you the content you want?
The problem is, I know what I need to do, but that hasn’t been enough up to now. So does that mean I’m happy for my blog to head towards dormancy. No it doesn’t, so instead I’m looking at doing things differently.
I’m looking at going back to basics – why do I write this blog? How can I help you? I’m hoping this will help me find my enthusiasm and drive, and you will start to see changes over the next few months.
It would really help me if you complete my annual reader survey. Any answers you give will help me build the foundations of my blog and plan where I’m going to take it.