Last Updated: 26 September, 2020
Yesterday I took part in my first #1day12pics where you take a picture roughly every hour for 12 hours, sharing the pictures on Instagram and Twitter. This is something I’ve wanted to do since reading Nice Cup of Tea’s post back in 2011 when she took pictures every 30 minutes. I had thought about doing it a couple of times a year but somehow it just never happened. However, when I read about #1day12pics on Photography for blogs during last week I knew now was the time to do it.
I’m used to taking photographs every day for my Project52 scrapbook layouts, but it was different to take so many evenly spread (ish) through one day. I didn’t trust myself to remember to take the pictures so I set an alarm on my phone to act as a trigger to look for a photo opportunity. As it was a day with no plans, my set of photographs give a great impression of what life in our house is like on an ordinary Saturday.
9. Came downstairs to find B playing the guitar
10. M walked in with a spoon and new Nutella jar but fortunately couldn’t open it
11. Two princess fairies
12. Choosing books at the library
13. Crackers for lunch
14. Weekend washing
15. Husband having a mending session, my computer mouse, M’s train and his heart rate monitor
16. I don’t understand the game evolution; this started as a role play sweetshop and became this
17. Adding a new story to our story jar that we’ll open during Christmas lunch
18. Tidying up before dinner, which took a very very long time
19. Watching themselves in the mirror as they clean their teeth
20. The kids are in bed