Last Updated: 26 September, 2020
With children in the house we have clothes that are either too small or too large and these have been stored in one pile in our big bedroom; until this week. I’ve sorted through the pile of bags and boxes and cleared the whole corner of the room. All the clothes that are too big are now in a plastic storage box under the cot and I’ve removed:
- 1 bag of baby grows and bibs passed to a friend expecting a baby soon
- 2 UV suits, swimming trunks and wet suit passed to the same friend (yes that is a wetsuit for 1 year old)
- 2 bags of mine and ED’s clothes put in the fabric bank
- pair of curtains (left by the previous owners) put in the fabric bank
- several old screwed up paintings by B binned (why did we move them?)
There is still a fairly big pile of children’s clothes left, so as we have friends coming to our house this weekend, I was thinking of creating two rummage boxes so people can help themselves to anything they want. I will then put the remaining items in the fabric bank.
How do you deal with the clothes you no longer want?