Watkins Publishing noticed my recent post that I want to read all the self development books I’ve collected over the years, and kindly sent me some of their recent releases to add to the list. The first one I’ve read is I am / You are* by Rosemary Gallagher.
I am / You are is a small book that provides single word affirmations in an alphabetical format, for example I am blessed. However, the book is actually double sided, one side consists of affirmations starting I am … and the other side has the same affirmations starting You are… When I first looked at the book I knew I would use the I am side, but couldn’t think when I might use the You are side, however after thinking about it for a few days I’ve thought of two ways; if you want to tell someone how great you think they are or to use affirmations about how you want to see the world around you. The official blurb describes the two sides as:
The ‘I Am’ side of the book is an affirmation of our internal journey, who we are to ourselves; the ‘You Are’ side is a statement of intention to the world on your external journey, how we would like the world to see us. They mirror each other in perfect symmetry – inner and outer meeting as one.
Although it is a small book, it is big in design, with each affirmation having a different style and typography. This made a few pages a bit tricky to read the first time, but as there is only one word on a page it doesn’t take long to work it out.
I think the book is good for people who want to start changing their thoughts to a more positive view of themselves, without reading lots of introduction and explanation. This book provides a simple start with one word affirmations that are easy to remember and repeat, but are still powerful messages. I think it could also make a nice small gift.
The book is available to buy now and costs £4.99.
Watkins Publishing has also offered to send a copy of this book I am / You are to two of my readers; just complete the Gleam form below for your chance to win – good luck!
*Disclosure: I was sent the item mentioned in exchange for an honest review and links include affiliate links which mean if you buy something after following a link I will earn a percentage of the sale but it will not cost you anymore.
Terms and conditions:
- Only one entry per person is allowed
- UK entry only, over 18s
- Giveaway closes 11.59pm 22nd February 2016
- Entries will be validated according to the rules of entry
- There are 2 prizes of the book I am / You are by Rosemary Gallagher
- There are no exchanges or monetary exchanges
- The data of anyone that enters won’t be passed on to any third parties or used for any unsolicited marketing communications
- Winner will be randomly chosen, and will be shown on this post, and may be shared on social media
- Winner will be notified via the email address provided, and will need to respond within 2 weeks to claim their prize otherwise a further winner will be drawn
- The prize will be sent from Watkins Publishing any time within a month
- This giveaway may be featured on Loquax, Prizefinder and Superlucky
- This giveaway may be shared on social media, but is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated, with Facebook