Last Updated: 23 September, 2020
As I’ve been developing my digital scrapbooking skills over the last year I’ve spent a fair bit of time in forums learning from other people. I’ve been very interested in the Project 52 / Project Life layouts I’ve seen and started collecting ideas in Pinterest.
I wasn’t sure about taking on the challenge because it seemed like such a commitment and I was nervous I would do it ‘wrong’. So I realised I would have to PLAN. I went through all my pins and wrote down what I liked about each one and then developed my own template. I was surprised I ended up with such a ‘clean’ layout because I was expecting to use embellishments such as brackets and arrows to go on top of the pictures, however it is probably easier for my first time to just think about papers.
I am very pleased with how it is looking so far and love how it enables me to capture the small and big details of life. I’m not sure what I want to include in the label box yet so there is a good chance I will change it after I’ve done a few more layouts.
Key events of January 2013:
- I had a day at home on my own for the first time in ages (probably years)
- Going back to work after 2.5 weeks leave for Christmas
- We showed Beth the inside of the house we want to buy
- Beth moved from preschool gymnastics to the beginner gymnastics class
- Beth went to the cinema for the first time
- Submitted primary school application (unfortunately not for where we are planning to move)
- We still haven’t exchanged contracts to move house, but have agreement from the bank they no longer intend to retain any funds
- I had a lovely night out with other mums from the nursery