I’m currently sat on the beach thinking that in four weeks I’ll be at Britmums Live 2015. Not only will I have the luxury of having me time for two days, but I will be meeting blogging friends and learning about all things blogging and social media. If you are not in the know about blogging events, BritMums Live is described as “the UK’s biggest, two-day social media conference and blogger event, where lifestyle bloggers and social influencers gather to meet and socialise, network with brands, improve their skills, and fire their creativity.”
Britmums Live and Blogging events
This is my second Britmums Live and I’m feeling much more relaxed about it this year. In fact I haven’t even looked at the speaker list yet. In terms of my desire to plan I’m much happier as I know the venue and that I will learn something from any of the sessions. This is my third blogging events of the year having been to Blogon Cymru and Blogcamp, howver Britmums Live is the biggest and has an overnight stay in London.
I’m looking forward to:
- catching up with friends
- meeting new people
- discovering new blogs
- learning new things
- being reminded of things I want to do but have forgotten
- an adult friendly meal with perhaps a bit of alcohol
- seeing people I know up for Brilliance in Blogging awards
- hopefully getting a space on the design session as I’ve realised I have much to learn
- talking to brands and hopefully getting some cool freebies (I wonder if anyone can beat the personalised Coca Cola bottle from last year)
About me – Kate Davis
I started blogging in 2007 to find out about this blogging thing. This was before children, and unlike many Britmum members my posting frequency reduced dramatically once they arrived.
I write about making the most of what you enjoy by using lists and processes to solve problems and make life simpler. The topics I cover include house renovation, capturing memories and self improvement. Although I don’t focus on my children then do make appearances, especially on my scrap pages and my Instagram account.
There are two big differences to my appearance at Britmums Live last year:
- I’ve given up on my attempt to retain some blond hair and I’ve dyed it darker (and I may go darker still in the next few weeks)
- I’ve lost two stone in weight and I’m now close to my weight before my first pregnancy seven years ago – before I met any bloggers
This second point is impacting on what I wear as I’m too small for the majority of my clothes. I wore dresses last year and it worked very well so I’m looking to make some purchases. The other area I’m struggling is shoes. I have very wide feet and like last year there are not many flat shoes available in the correct width that fit. I continue to look.
Tips for Britmums Live
Here are my tips from my experience last year:
- wear flat shoes as the venue has many stairs
- go with the flow – don’t stick rigidly to your own schedule, adapt it fit who you’re talking to at the time, make the most of meeting people in real life
- consider taking a portable power pack for your phone
- collect blogger details whether that is business cards, writing them down or sending them an email straight away
I look forward to meeting as many people as possible, do say hello if you see me, but don’t be surprised if I recognise your blog or twitter name more than your real name.