Last Updated: 26 September, 2020
I am still working towards my goal of reading 75 books in a year; in 2007 I made it to 63 books, an average of over 5 a month, which I think is an impressive amount. I’ve read 6 books during January and February 2008 a drop in the average to 3 books a month. As I’ve been busy, I’ve wanted to re-read books so I don’t need to think too hard as I read them and I can get plenty of pleasure and comfort from them.
Several books I read in 2007 are on this list of possible rereads and I’m wondering if it is a bit too soon to start them again. Here is a list of my favourite reads of 2007 (in order of reading):
- Camelot’s Honour (Two Ravens Saga)
- The Ring (The Sword, the Ring, and the Chalice, Book 2)
- The Chalice (The Sword, the Ring, and the Chalice, Book 3)
- Veil of Roses
- Green Rider
- First Rider’s Call (Green Rider, Book 2)
- Greatest Knight
- A Sorcerer’s Treason (Isavalta Trilogy)
- The Named (The Guardians of Time Trilogy)
Looking at that list now I’m surprised at the high percentage of books that are fantasy stories. I read and enjoy a wide variety of genres, but my favourites does not reflect that. I will be interested to see if my favourites of 2008 are similar or show a wider variety of genres.