As I get older I’m more aware that I have the same 24 hours in a day as everyone else, so what I achieve comes down to how well I use that time.
My initial introduction to efficiency was from my mother who liked to make things as easy as possible from baking to shopping and this developed into a personal dislike of inefficiencies. However, I’ve not always been good at acting on this dislike, for example for many years I’ve been a mix of loving organisation and systems but also being very untidy.
Productivity is very much on my mind at the moment because I will soon be returning to work after almost a year’s maternity leave and I’m aware that personal time is going to be a luxury. Here are the reasons why I want to be productive:
- to complete chores as quickly as possible so I can get on to the fun stuff
- so I don’t waste time repeating effort as I’ve forgotten where I’ve got to
- so I can find things
- to find the time to work towards my goals
- so I can be a good example to my children
- if I work well in one area of my life such as being productive, other parts of my life tend to come together, such as exercise, sleep and eating habits
- so I don’t have to think about what to do when I complete routine tasks
My plan is to spend the next two months getting sorted so there will be a smooth transition once I’m back at work … what do you think, how I can make this happen? What are your reasons for being productive?