Fun day at the barracks

June 6, 2012 – 10:40 pm
The local barracks opened today for a fun day. Beth had a great time making a crown, toasting marshmallows, making a fascinator style hat, sitting in police car and fire engine, going on climbing wall and playing ukulele. The highlight was the street dance workshop. Beth stayed focussed for the whole 30 minutes and was good at copying the teacher's moves. Several times this afternoon she has started singing "i like to move it". She is almost old enough to join the youth dance class, unfortunately it is the same day she does swimming and gymnastics.

At the beach

June 5, 2012 – 10:51 pm
Yesterday, after walking out to old harry rocks, Beth wanted to play on the beach. This meant putting on her swimming costume and digging in the sand. She was keen to go swimming with her new rubber ring, but only made it calf deep, but that was further in than the rest of us. She has also developed a major plan to clean the rocks on the beach. Apparently they have been on the beach too long and she wants to remove them a bucket at a time, wash them and then return them to the beach. Matthew also enjoyed the beach. It was his first time playing in the sand and he loved it; for some reason he felt the best thing to do with the sand was put it behind his ear!

Definitely a foodie

June 4, 2012 – 3:05 pm
Fruit puree is not enough for Matthew anymore, he has decided he really likes porridge, particularly if there is a bit of fruit added. Beth has decided she is no longer Beth and is now Little Bo Peep and has been looking around the beach for her sheep.

Enjoying food

June 3, 2012 – 5:59 pm
Last night, the plan was for Matthew to sleep through our meal out. He disagreed and it worked to his advantage as he ate some of our food. He particularly enjoyed Ed's pate and liked my fish in cheese sauce.

Flying kites

June 2, 2012 – 5:08 pm
With my new phone I thought it would be good to restart my family blog. The weather may not be as good as last week, but it is great for kite flying. Beth gave Ed a kite for his birthday so was really keen to see if it was as good as hers.

Bank holiday starting sunny

August 31, 2010 – 7:12 am
Our concerns about the wet weather continuing over the weekend are unfounded so far. We are at the beach and it is warmer and sunnier than when we were here on our summer holiday. But the sea is still cold. Posted from WordPress for Android

Playground fun

August 10, 2010 – 10:04 am
We had a leisurely day yesterday. This meant sorting through photographs for Ed and I and lots of playing outside for Beth. Beth went on the swings and slide at the village play area. We've been told there are new play areas in some of the nearby villages so we may need to visit those. We also played ball in the field. Beth found this very exciting, but kept getting distracted looking for ladybirds. Posted from WordPress for Android

Bonus video post

August 9, 2010 – 12:52 pm
View Video At Lymington there was free wifi that we eventually got working. After Beth had a quick chat with Aunty Kirsten in Skype I had time to find out why I couldn't upload the video, but not to actually upload it. I've added a new plugin to the site so fingers crossed I can now add it from my phone. This is from our first morning at Studland. Posted from WordPress for Android

Chichester and home (well not quite yet)

August 9, 2010 – 8:27 am
We are currently anchored in Chichester harbour at a place called East Head. It is the first time I've been here but it is a place full of memories for the other Davises as they used to come frequently with Jill's father. It was interesting sailing through the Solent again as we saw several races, including several racing yachts (Aviva and possibly Stealth), but unfortunately not the 1851 cup between BMW Oracle and Teamorigan. However, we did see one of Ed's fantasy yachts, Oyster 575, of which only one has currently been made and possibly cost £1.5 million. We had an early start on Friday to get the correct tides from Chichester (so I didn't get time to finish Thursday's post). As we set off, Beth wasn't sure if she wanted to come on deck or sleep so decided on a compromise by falling asleep on Aunty Sophy. We had the best of ...


August 5, 2010 – 11:35 am
We had a calmer night than expected and the updated forecast was looking better, but it was still very overcast. Just as we set sail, Beth decided to have her morning nap. It was a great idea as she slept through the bumpy seas, she lay spread eagle on her stomach and did not move on the berth as the boat rocked from side to side. When she woke up she didn't want to come up on deck and as heavy rain was just beginning she stayed below with her toys.  Not long afterwards she gave us a warning by signing medicine repeatedly (which I ignored as I thought she just wanted Calpol as she likes the taste) and she was fairly badly sick. Granny did a great job of cleaning her and the boat and getting Beth ready to come up in to the rain storm on deck. It didn't take long ...