My notes suggest I read 50 books in 2008 (13 fewer than 200) although like a lot of things towards the end of the year I let my notes slip so it is possible I’ve missed a few books. Comparing the list to my favourites books of 2007 there are a couple of things I notice; the books fall into a wider range of genres (not just fantasy), and there are several books that are the same as 2007. Looking through the full listÂ unfortunately there were several books I’d looked forward to reading, sometimes for over a year, that did not live up to my expectations.
My favourite books of 2008 (in reading order)
- Women of the Pleasure Quarters: The Secret History of the Geisha
- The Millionaire Next Door
- Cast in Shadow (The Chronicles of Elantra, Book 1)
- Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, Book 1)
- Green Rider (Green Rider Trilogy Book 1)
- First Rider’s Call (Green Rider, Book 2)
I already know that some of these books will appear on my favourite books of 2009 list as I’ve already reread them this year. Does this mean I’ve got stuck into a reading rut? Do you have recommendations?